Saturday 4 February 2012

Een bak, een Euro Mango chutney!

As I mentioned earlier I went to the MARKET today and I made the DEAL of the year. I bought 11 ripe mangoes for 1 EURO

It was out of question that I had to cook something with MANGOES. I ended up with a mango pie and some left over mangoes in the pot. They were the base for my piquant mango chutney. It was as SIMPLE as it sounds like.


Ingredients:
2 ripe Mangoes
2 tbs Besengen spice mix paste (you can get it in the nearest Chinese shop)
GINGER (size as 2 cloves of garlic)
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Preparation:
Cut the mangoes into small cubes, and put them over slow gas. Put a little bit of CINNAMON and nutmeg in it. COVER it with a lid, stir it sometimes and cook it until it gets soft and sticky.
Take it off of the gas, mix the spice paste and the GINGER in. My personal TRICK for ginger is that I peel it, cut it into cubes and push them through the garlic-press.

So there I had the CHUTNEY. Next step; what am I going to serve under it? I made some MUSHROOMS and glass noodles. It is an EXCITING dish and a refreshing change after the mozzarella salads for Vegetarian guests.


No comments:

Post a Comment