Monday 30 January 2012

fIG and gOAT cheese

This CHRISTMAS I made a 13 dish Dinner for my fAMIly. Actually I didn't make it, I was the CHEF. My Mom, my Grandma and my Grandpa made it :)

The WARM entrĂ©e was goat cheese with figue. The INSPIRATION is from here: http://www.nosalty.hu/recept/keksajttal-toltott-fuge but my ONE is completely Different.

This recipe is for approximately 10 person.

The ingredients:
1 roll of mature GOAT Cheese
1,5 bag of dried Fig (In FIG season you can use fresh ones)
a bag of pine seeds
A SWEET sauce - You can use anything, the more interesting taste it has the better. here are some tips

  • mix a little truffle tapenade (you can buy it in ITALIAN food stores) in honey [That's what I wanted to do but I didn't know yet where can I buy TRUFFLE tapenade...]
  • Balsamic Vinegar with CaCao - sounds weird heh? It is AWESOME! Disadvantage: I doubt that it is easy to find in an average grocery store... I bought it in a random store (Xenos), they sell all kinds of stuff really cheap. Anyways if you are determined to get it, here is the homepage:  http://www.sodastudio.it/ftp/carandiniweb/eng/index.php . 
  • PAPRIKA syrup. Smash the paprika, filter it and cook it together with a lot of sugar.
  • wINE SYRUP. Put 2-3 dl of wine in a pot with a lot of sugar, cook it until it gets DENSE.

First of ALL put the fig in hot water.When they get Big & SOFT chop them really small. Take a baking sheet and put baking paper on it. Take a STAR form and put the fig mass in it, SMOOTh its way with a small SPOON. Cut about 1 cm slices of the goat CHEESE and put them on the top of the stars.
This is how it is supposed to look like:
Just before serving, put them in the OVEN for 10 minutes. SPRINKLE some pine nut over it and decorate it with your EXCITING sauce.

Unfortunately you don't see much... again the helicopter-view... :) 
Ps.: Not recommended for retired with false teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment